Details & Highlights
Designed for INTERNATIONAL carry-on, this roller provides advanced security features and peace of mind.
Details from ThinkTank
Roller meets INTERNATIONAL and USA domestic carry-on size requirements. Although passengers are rarely asked to put their roller into airline test "frames", photographers can travel with the peace of mind knowing that this roller is designed to fit. Shown is an AIR CANADA luggage test frame. The Airport International V2.0 has also been tested in BRITISH AIRWAYS, KLM, UNITED, and other major airlines' test frames. Actually, the most important feature is that this roller "looks" small and is visually within legal carry-on requirements. It does not call out to be questioned by airline attendants on major flights.
- The rear security cable literally chains the Airport International V2.0 to immovable objects. At times, it may be necessary to leave gear for a period of time in a media room, wedding hall, hotel room, or other open area. Locking the bag's main compartment, then locking the rear security cable to a fixed object can prevent the bag and its contents from being easily stolen. A small TSA travel padlock is included for convenience but any padlock is compatible with the cable.
- A TSA combination lock secures the main compartment zipper. There are many instances when photographers must leave behind some or all of their gear while on location. It is absolutely vital for the remaining gear to be secured from theft. The rear security cable prevents the entire bag from being stolen altogether when the cable is locked around an immovable object.
- The front security cable & combination lock allows you to lock a laptop case to the front of the roller. This lock is very effective when you are traveling with a laptop case stored in the front stretch pocket
- The security ID plate may allow your lost or stolen bag to be returned! Before using your bag, register the bag's unique serial number on our website at www.thinktankphoto.com/lostandfound_registration.aspx
- The Airport International V2.0 holds a surprising amount of gear--a complete kit for most photographers. Pictured are two pro-sized DSLRa??s , two strobes, two pocket wizards, a 16-35 2.8, a 24-70 2.8, a 70-200 2.8, a 300 2.8, and much more. It is important to note that the cameras can be mounted with or without the lens attached.
- The Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 or 17 V2.0 laptop bags are designed to slide in stretchable front pocket of the roller. The advantage is that the roller looks smaller, even when the laptop case is inside the pocket. If, for some reason, weighing the bag before a flight becomes necessary, the laptop case can be removed making the roller lighter and smaller. Also, once on board the airplane, the roller and laptop case can be stowed separately for easier access to in-flight photo editing or entertainment.
- A tripod cup and accessory straps are included with all Think Tank Photo rolling bags for carrying a tripod or monopod to the side of the bag. The tripod cup is primarily used with tripods with large leg releases or wide feet.
- The Airport International Low Divider Set creates space inside the roller to store up to a 15.4" laptop within an Artificial Intelligence 15 V2.0 laptop bag. The advantages of storing the laptop inside the rolling bag are primarily to maintain the international carry-on size and the ability to lock the laptop inside the rolling bag with the camera equipment. The partitions of the Low Divider Set are two inches shorter than the divider normally included with the Airport International V2.0 and will replace most of the dividers, when interior laptop storage is needed. The Cable Management 50 is also compatible with the Low Divider Set.
- The inside of the lid has organizers to store all the other stuff needed for a photo shoota??like a Pixel Pocket Rocket, batteries, pens, plug adapters, cables, and much more. The zipper sliders can be inserted into little "ports" that cover up the metal to prevent scratching the cameras and lenses underneath the lid.
- Replaceable wheels and protective wheel housings If you wear out the wheels, we provide a free kit so that you can replace the wheels. The wheels being located on the very outside of the bag makes it very stable when rolled. The wheel housings are extra high, to protect your case when going up curbs and stairs.
- Front stretch pocket If you are not using the front stretch pocket to hold a laptop case, it is an excellent pocket to get quick access to jackets, newspapers, paperwork, and other items you need to pull out quickly.
- The front pocket organizer, near the top of the bag, can be used for storing items like pens, pencils, card wallets, CDs, notepads, and more.
- For easy identification, a business card holder is located directly under the handle. It holds quite a few cards. There is also a zippered pocket under the handle that can hold a passport and other small items.
Features & Specs
Included Coverage from ThinkTank: Lifetime Warranty
Category ID: 217 | $389.75