Details & Highlights
Heart-stopping realism from a compact, single cabinet system! The CHT500 plays 7 channels, for extraordinarily full, true-to-life audio.
Details from Polk Audio
CHT stands for Component Home Theater. Within in this incredibly thin new SurroundBar are high performance components and state-of-the-art technologies that allow it to work surprisingly well as the dedicated front stage (LCR) with surround channel speakers, or even as part of a 5-Channel or 7-Channel system (with easily switchable sound design for each application). Anywhere you desire the all-out performance of separates, but don't have the room - a den, bedroom or rec room - the SurroundBar CHT 500 gives you all the convenience of a SurroundBar, and all the performance of component separates.
- The thinnest high performance SurroundBar yet, just 1.5-inches shallow! Perfect for mounting next to today's slimmest flat-panel TVs.
- Superior component-level performance from high performance speaker components: Nine 3.25" ultra-shallow ASP Aluminum Dome Mid-Woofers, tuned with our Dynamic Balance process to stop performance-robbing distortion even at lifelike volume levels. The patented Asymetrically Sculpted Pattern was specifically developed by Polk Audio as part of the design of this high performance, shallow-space driver. Lightweight and powerful neodymium magnets ensure smooth frequency response over a wider soundstage, and durable rubber surrounds last a lifetime. Three .75" Ring Radiator tweeters, the same tweeters found in the very best-reviewed component loudspeakers (like our flagship LSi Series), ensure the most realistic imaging and most detailed rendering of music and movie audio.
- Engineered for today's digital media with state-of-the-art Digital Technology, including Polk Audio's patented, proprietary and groundbreaking SDA Surround-Sound Technology. Achieve an awesomely spacious and realistic soundstage in any room setup, or use the SB CHT 500 with your existing component separates to take the place of your front Left, Center, Right array. Same great component performance, less space!
- Multiple mounting options, on the wall or on a shelf. All the hardware you might need is included.
- Simple set up, no calibrating; just plug it in. Connect the Control Module to your audio equipment or cable box. Use the supplied audio connection to plug your SurroundBar CHT 500 into the compact SDA Control Module, and then plug the Module unit into a wall socket. There are no complex on-screen menus, and there's no calibration needed; you'll be enjoying component-level loudspeaker performance even in rooms with no room for a component speaker array!
- Easy to add separates. The compact SDA Control Module allows you to easily and quickly add separates to your SurroundBar CHT 500 system. Add a subwoofer for deep bass. Add component or even wireless surround speakers for a totally immersive surround-sound experience. The SB CHT 500 provides a wide, deep, detailed and realistic front soundstage for any application, and effortlessly adds excitement to you TV and movie watching.
The only SurroundBar smart enough to be called CHT
How does a such shallow SurroundBar sound so deep? To reach the performance levels we knew you'd appreciate, we made a tactical design decision and separated the SurroundBar CHT 500's crossover and proprietary digital audio technologies into a separate rack-mountable black box: the external SDA Control Module. The compact SDA Control Module goes right where your audio equipment or cable box goes, connects in seconds with no setup at all, and ensures an audio experience just not possible from other soundbar designs.
The SDA Control Module is the technological secret to the SurroundBar CHT 500's wide, dynamic soundstage and realistic details. The Control Module houses our advanced crossover, and Polk's proprietary surround-sound technology, SDA. It also includes a convenient junction for receiver inputs, the easily accessible Channel Mode Switch, and the easy, single-wire connection to the SurroundBar CHT 500.
Features & Specs
Included Coverage from Polk Audio: 5 Years Parts / 5 Years Labor -Carry In Service
Category ID: 65 | $999.00