Details & Highlights
Details from Polk Audio
Built-In Digital Signal Processor
- The DSP controls frequency equalization, bass enhancement and room correction. The Room Correction Software Program, which Installers connect via a USB connection to a PC or through the NetStreams(TM) network, optimizes each speaker for its location and room environment. Simply input the room dimensions, the speaker and listener locations in the room and how the speaker is configured and each LCi-IP is configured to deliver outstanding performance that can exceed that of free-standing speakers.
- Required SPS-I Power Supply (not included, MSRP $700)
- A single SPS-I Power Supply can power up to two pair of LC80i-IP speakers. A NetStreams power supply can also drive the LC80i-IP.
Room Optimization Software
- Integrators will access the DSP using a laptop PC connected via a mini USB port on the front baffle of the speaker or through the network when used in an IP network Polk will supply integrators with a PC-based software interface that makes the speaker position and room acoustics optimization virtually foolproof.
IP system Integration
- An open architecture StreamNet(TM) card welcomes integration with any system capable of streaming packet-switched audio in WAV or MP-3 format and TCP-IP control. The StreamNet card installs easily into the amplifier housing (StreamNet card is not included-available separately from NetStreams).
- StreamNet card connects to IP distribution systems with Ethernet cable
- Pure digital signal all the way to the power amplifier, with no losses and perfect fidelity (when used in a NetStreams DigiLinx system)
- Speakers automatically announce themselves to the system
- Every LCi-IP Speaker Comes With An Award-Winning Reputation
Virtually invisible placement in every conceivable location.
- Ring Radiator Tweeters (the same tweeters used in the LSi Series) for smooth, extended highs with incredible accuracy and astonishing detail.
- 15 degrees swivel tweeters for direct high frequency control and excellent imaging even for off-axis listening positions.
- Aerated Polypropylene Dynamic Balance(TM) Cones (LC80i-IP): stiff and yet surprisingly lightweight-20% lighter than conventional polypropylene and 35% lighter than aluminum cones for spectacular midrange clarity, punchy bass and high efficiency. Durable, moisture resistant materials, including Butyl Rubber surrounds, for safe use in kitchen, bath & sauna.
- Paintable, powder-coated Aluminum Grilles allow LCi Series speakers to virtually disappear in your room!
- In-wall Performance Enclosures are available for exact volume enclosure performance in pre-build installations.
- Installation is easy as 1-2-3: cut one hole, feed the wires, and simply drop the speaker in. Rotating Cams secure the speaker safely with no extra assembly or mess.
- Rough-In kit (pre-construction bracket) model # PB LC/TC 80 available. No bracket is needed for post-construction retrofit installations or when the Performance Enclosure is used.
- Timbre-matched to Polk Audio`s LSi Series Ultra High Performance Loudspeakers.
- Wide dispersion design for uniform sound-coverage throughout even large rooms.
- Composite Driver Basket(R) construction: composite driver baskets keep moving parts in rigid alignment and damps performance-robbing resonance.
- Glass-filled Composite Baffle provides a dense, acoustically inert platform for the speaker`s high end components.
- Rust resistant hardware and durable, moisture resistant materials for safe use in bathrooms, kitchens, saunas, even under outdoor eaves.
Features & Specs
Included Coverage from Polk Audio: 5 Years Parts / 5 Years Labor -Carry In Service
Category ID: | $1,200.00