Details & Highlights
Ok Mother Nature, Give It Your Best Shot.
The Atrium Series Outdoor / Indoor Loudspeaker is the ultimate in flexibility, reliability and high fidelity sound quality for the great outdoors. You get the freedom to put speakers anywhere you want high performance sound. The kitchen, the den, the guestroom, the patio or pool, even the backyard BBQ pit. Sure, there are lots of "outdoor" speakers out there. But look at the fine print. Many of them are suitable only for placement in sheltered locations.
Polk's Atrium Series speakers meet or exceed military specifications for environmental endurance. The tests have coded names like "ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog," "Mil standard 810 Immersion" and "Mil standard 883 Method 1009 8 for salt and corrosion." But passing them means that Atrium speakers can withstand some of the worst that Mother Nature can dish out. In addition, stainless steel, brass and aluminum hardware ensures years of rustproof reliability.
Details from Polk Audio
No matter how you like to play outdoors, there's an Atrium Loudspeaker that loves to play and play and play and play and play.
- Dynamic Balance® A Polk perfected method of analyzing a speaker's microscopic behavior with laser Interferometry. Polk engineers can tune out unwanted resonance and distortion with the right combination of materials, geometry and construction techniques. This brings you pure, distortion-free sound.
- PowerPort® PowerPort technology allows Polk Audio speakers to deliver more deep, musical bass than you'd expect from a moderately-sized (and moderately-priced) loudspeaker. It's the kind of realistic bass that reaches out and grabs you, shakes your behind on the seat, and adds true depth and visceral emotional power to your music and movie experiences.
- Klippel Optimization By using a state-of-the-art Klippel Distortion Analyzer, Polk engineers were able to optimize the woofer's motor structure, voice coil alignment and suspension bringing you the best possible performance even at extreme listening levels.
- 4 1/2" (11.43cm) long-throw mineral-filled polypropylene cone driver with butyl rubber surround pumps out surprising bass response from a compact design.
- 3/4" (19mm) anodized aluminum dome tweeter with rubber surround and neodymium magnet for better power handling and smoother response.
- Broad coverage baffle design, adapted and applied from our current Atrium design but with subtle improvements in the new Atrium Series. You want to fill a large open outdoor space with big, full-range sound, The new Atrium Series has a more steeply-angled baffle design that maximizes critical mid- and high-frequency dispersion over a large area, without sacrificing the detail.
- Polk Audio All-Weather Certified, Atrium Series speakers exceed baseline industrial and military specifications for environmental endurance (ASTM D5894-UV Salt Fog, Mil Standard 810 Immersion, Mil-Std 883 Method 1009.8 for salt and corrosion.) Certification means Atrium Speakers can effortlessly withstand the worst Mother Nature can dish out, whether its extreme temps or heavy rains. With Certification like this, your kitchen or bathroom installation is a cakewalk for Polk Audio All-Weather speakers.
- Durable, mineral-filled polypropylene cabinet design, with molded-in bracing, sounds like a real speaker (not "an outdoor speaker"), and survives years of seasonal changes, for truly great sound, no matter what the weather.
- Patented Dynamic Balance and Klippel Optimization technologies ensure the perfect material performance, eliminating driver and tweeter "artifacts" for more realistic sound reproduction at high and low volume levels.
- Aluminum grilles and bracket, with stainless steel and brass hardware: No rust. Ever.
- Gold-plated 5-way binding posts for the most secure, dependable hookups.
- Available in durable, weatherproof black or white paintable finishes.
The new Atrium Series offers five new models, with sonic improvements specifically engineered for better outdoor performance. In fact, our engineering and industrial design teams spent months looking at any and every detail that could make these new Atriums perform better, mount faster and be even more reliable. When you set out to improve a loudspeaker with the pedigree of the Atrium Series, every detail counts.
NEW Speed-Lock™ Mounting System
for easy, safe one-handed installations even in difficult locations. The greatly simplified mounting procedure means fewer parts to "juggle." Simply mount the bracket and click the speaker into place. Aim it and tighten it down, and fini! Outdoor convenience, indoor sound quality!
New bracket also has a 45-degree down angle. Why adjust a speaker to a 45-degree angle, when we can design a mounting bracket that lets you install the speaker at that angle permanently? It's another feature of Atrium's new mounting system and a simple, elegant solution.
Superior Polk Audio Technologies
The compact Atrium4 Loudspeaker produces high fidelity sound quality anywhere you want great sound. It's small size makes it ideal for tight, out-of-way installations. By the pool, around the kitchen, tucked away in the family den or filling the backyard with great sound. Like our bigger Atriums, the Atrium4 is built rugged to deliver years of great performance fall, winter, spring and summer.
Features & Specs
Included Coverage from Polk Audio: 2 Year Limited
Category ID: 64 | $139.95