Details & Highlights
EF–S 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM
Designed for high–quality still image and video capture while being compact and lightweight, the new EF–S 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM lens features the optics, AF and image stabilization necessary for shooting in any number of situations. For brilliant image quality it has one high–precision aspheric lens to reduce chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range. It features optimized lens coatings to ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare and a 7–blade circular aperture to ensure beautiful, soft backgrounds. For outstanding performance, the EF–S 18–55mm f/3.5–5.6 IS STM lens perfectly complements the Movie Servo AF feature found on select EOS Cameras with a compact six–group zoom system and a new stepping motor and focus mechanism to deliver smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting. Still photography benefits from a high–speed CPU and an optimized AF algorithm. Full–time manual focus is available in AF mode and the front element does not rotate during focus, perfect for use with polarizing filters. Handheld photography is enhanced by the lens' Optical Image Stabilizer system, offering the equivalent of four stops of compensation. Compact and highly versatile, it is the ideal lens to carry anywhere.
Details from Canon
- High magnification, compact and lightweight EF–S standard zoom lens with Optical Image Stabilizer for up to four equivalent stops of shake correction.
- Supports Canon EOS Movie Servo AF feature for smooth and quiet continuous AF during movie shooting by utilizing a new six–group zoom system plus a stepping motor and focus mechanism.
- One UD lens and one high–precision aspheric lens reduce chromatic aberration throughout the zoom range for excellent image quality with high resolution and contrast.
- New six–group zoom system provides a more compact design while achieving a maximum magnification of 0.36x at the telephoto end.
- Front lens section does not rotate during focusing for improved ease of use.
- Circular aperture (7 blades) delivers beautiful, soft backgrounds.
- Dynamic IS (Movie Shooting Mode only) delivers a wider image stabilization correction range, ideal for shooting while walking.
- Manual focus adjustment possible while in AF Mode.
- Optimized lens coatings ensure exceptional color balance while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Inner focusing system, high–speed CPU, and optimized AF algorithm allow high–speed autofocus.
- Minimum focusing distance: 0.82 ft./0.25m (full zoom range).
Features & Specs
Focal Length & Maximum Aperture
Diagonal Angle of View
Closest Focusing Distance
Max. Diameter x Length, Weight
Included Coverage from Canon: 1 Year Parts and Labor Warranty (Carry In Service)
Category ID: 210 | $249.00